Sunday 14 June 2015

Short legs and fairy teeth




"Do you know...?"

This is the phrase the Sunnyside Team hear most frequently from the Reception little learners in their class. 

Whenever a Team member is approached by a little learner announcing "Do you know?", they 'll automatically grab the nearest post-it note and pen in readiness to note down the little gem of information that inevitably follows.

As far as the Team is concerned, do you know moments are special because these random, spontaneous little learner utterances invariably have nothing to do with anything, they are purely a piece of information that a little learner feels compelled to share at that particular moment. And without exception each do you know declaration brings an extra ray of sunshine to the school day. 

Past little learner do you knows have revealed some remarkable facts, like for instance: A Spanish Dachshund is blue, the tooth fairy turns your teeth into dentures for dogs, and hamsters repeat everything you say!

It's been a while since the Team has shared any do you know moments, so they feel absolutely duty bound to do so now. In addition to latest do you knows courtesy of the current little Reception learners, Mrs Crayon has penned a verse celebrating the do you know of a very disappointed little learner from a couple of years ago, who shared some information regarding the gender of his newly acquired pet rabbit.




















What's happened to me rabbit?


What's happened to me rabbit? 
Something isn't right,
Something odd has happened
To me rabbit overnight.

When he ventured from his hutch,
This morning bright and early,
I noted instantly,
That he'd turned into a girlie!

I'm not one to point the finger,
But the pet shop is to blame,
For me rabbit's change of sex,
And me rabbit's change of name.

I'm left feeling rather miffed,
And I'm not sure what to think,
About the fact that I am lumbered,
With a pet that favours pink!






"I always knew I was a girl called Polly!"


No comments:

Post a Comment